Call or email before Friday at 12 noon to reserve your seat at this weekend’s Masses.
The parish office is closed on weekends and does not receive messages that come in after Friday at 12 noon.
It’s imperative that you make a reservation before the weekend. Call the parish office at 480-837-1066 OR email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Reservations must be received by 12:00 pm on Friday.
Messages left after noon Friday are not received until Monday morning because the office is closed on the weekends.
We appreciate your patience and understanding during this pandemic. We are doing everything we can to follow CDC guidelines and Diocese policies.
It’s a blessing to have Masses and have all of you in attendance!
Online Masses are available each weekend starting at Saturdays at 5 pm.
Mass Schedule – Please call office during office hours to reserve a seat
Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, and Friday at 11:30 am
Sunday at 8 am and 10 am
Attend Public Mass – Watch Mass Online – At Home Worship Service
The dispensation from Sunday Mass obligation remains in effect for the foreseeable future. This means that if you are not comfortable attending Mass just yet, there are other options.Call the parish office if you have any questions or concerns.
Attending Public Mass
- Call the parish office each week before Friday at 1 pm to reserve your seat for the weekend Mass. Masses are getting full and we don’t want to turn anyone away at the door.
- Diocese guidelines – Masks must be worn to Mass.
- Steps are taken to sanitize the worship space.
- However, we cannot guarantee a risk free environment.
- If you do not feel well, do not attend Mass.
Weekend Masses are held Sundays at 8 and 10 a.m. — If people are healthy and want to attend, they MUST call the office at Church of the Ascension (480) 837-1066 to reserve a seat.
Covid-19 Diocese Guidelines
In a spirit of the common good and for the protection of individuals and the community, Bishop Olmsted is asking all parishes/schools to comply with the mandatory face mask policies that have been implemented in their area or city which includes:
- Requiring all who attend Mass to wear a face mask in a spirit of care for their fellow parishioner
- Requiring all staff and volunteers to wear a face mask when on campus and moving about in public areas or when physical distancing is not possible.
- It is important to remember that wearing a face mask does not replace the benefits of physical distancing.
- In a spirit of hospitality, it would be good to have face masks available for those who do not bring one to Mass or a meeting.
- For those who have medical conditions or refuse to wear a face mask – kindness and understanding should be the rule.
- It is critical to follow federal, state, and county public health guidelines to reduce the spread of illness amongst parishioners, staff, clergy, and the community, so these guidelines may be updated as new information and recommendations become available.
The faithful should be reminded that the Sunday Obligation continues to be dispensed during this time of the pandemic. It is important to inform individuals and families that while the Church is being cleaned and disinfected – the risk of contracting the virus remains. For this reason, caution and individual responsibility must be practiced. Be Healthy, Be Smart, Be Holy! More Covid information from the Diocese of Phoenix can be found on their website.
At Home Worship Service
Another temporary solution during the pandemic is having your family participate in an At Home Worship Service. You can access the weekly Sunday service at the Growing up Catholic Worship@Home website. Just click the button below.
At the beginning of the lockdown and the suspension of public Mass, we offered a chapel with extended hours for those who wished to pray and meditate before the Blessed Sacrament. Extended chapel hours are a temporary solution to help us get through this difficult time.
At this time, we have made adjustments to the chapel hours for the safety of our parishioners, staff, and the building. Limited number of staff are available to keep the building open during those extended hours. Therefore a change was made to the hours. Thank you for your cooperation in keeping everyone safe.
Chapel is open:
Monday – Thursday: 8:30am – 4:30pm
Friday: 8:30am – 1:00pm
Sunday: 7:30am – 11:30am
Are now available again at Ascension
Saturdays 3:30 to 4:30 pm
Keep checking back for the Adoration schedule.